- About Us
Anzac Day Tours & Trips 2018 / 2019
Search, Compare and Book Anzac Day Tours for your upcoming Trip in 2018 and 2019. Our huge range of itineraries cover Trips to Anzac Day and across the globe. Lock in the Best Price by sending through your enquiry as soon as possible.
Anzac Day is more than just the anniversary of the landing of Gallipoli in 1915, it is the day in which we remember all Australian and New Zealanders who served and died in war or operational service. Our Anzac Day Tours in 2018 and 2019 are provided by a number of quality tour companies including Contiki, Intrepid, On The Go Tours, and G Adventures. Tours of Gallipoli including the Dawn Service are included on some tours or choose an itinerary that takes in ancient Egypt. The choice is entirely yours.
Departures from Turkey and Cairo are available with short trips from 2 day tours up to 17 days in length. Send a Free enquiry for your Anzac Day tour today and let one of our consultants take you on the trip of a lifetime!
Some facts about Anzac Day:
- The ANZACs were all volunteers.
- 25 April, was officially named ANZAC Day in 1916.
- The first dawn service was in 1923.
- There is no actual town called “Gallipoli”, it is the name of an area. Visitors to the area usually stay at nearby towns such as Ecubeat.
- ANZAC Day was not a public holiday until 1921 in Australia and 1921 in New Zealand
- More than 11,000 brave men and women died at Gallipoli and more than 23,500 were wounded.
- The Dawn Service is a reminder of the time when soldiers attacked the enemy when they were alert and awake.