4 days from Bariloche to Bariloche - AEE
Group Size 22
Total Solar Eclipse Tours
Sorry it doesn't look like there is any availability for this tour.
*Prices on this page may be out of date. For the most up to date price click on the Departure Date
Watch the incredible 2020 total solar eclipse in style on this 4-day express tour to Bariloche in Argentina. Enjoy gourmet food and wine as you see this incredible spectacle unfold from an exclusive observation camp, and take a scenic tour of Bariloche to admire its rolling hills, lakes and mountains.
- Total Solar Eclipse - watch this incredible natural phenomena in Patagonia on the 14 December 2020
- Experience this amazing astronomical event at an exclusive observatory camp and enjoy gourmet food and wine as the spectacle unfolds
- Bariloche - take a scenic tour of the beautiful surroundings of Bariloche including a climb to the top of Campanario Hill for amazing views
- Spend three nights at the charming Petit Penisula Hotel by Lake Nahuel Huapi
Day 1 Bariloche
Sunday 13th December 2020. Welcome to Argentina! On arrival in Bariloche, you'll be met by our representative and transferred to the Peninsula Petit Hotel. Located on the shore of magical Lake Nahuel Huapi, the hotel boasts incredible views of the surrounding forests and mountains. The rest of today is free to relax or go exploring in the area. There's a private beach at the hotel where you're sure to bump into the friendly hotel dog, Nahuel, who is very popular with visitors.
Day 2 Bariloche
14th December 2020. Experience the incredible astronomical event that is a total solar eclipse today. We have a full day excursion to an exclusive Nomad observatory camp, at a privileged location along the central path of the eclipse, near Piedra del Aguila. Departing Bariloche with our local guide early this morning, enjoy a incredibly scenic drive to the vast steppe lands in the east of Nahuel Huapo National Park. Arriving at our eclipse camp, you can have a drink, relax and await the eclipse in comfort or go for a short hike in the stunning Patagonian wilderness.
The big event begins with a partial eclipse at 11:45 local time. 13.08 is the start of the total eclipse, with totality lasting for just under 2 minutes. We'll be in the perfect spot to watch this incredible spectacle unfold (subject to weather conditions). Eclipse glasses will be provided to ensure you can watch this natural phenomenon safely.
Solar eclipses usually occur twice a year, however total solar eclipses are rare. A total solar eclipse is when the moon perfectly aligns in front of the sun, plunging the entire area into total darkness. Look out for Baily's Beards as the eclipse unfolds - these small blots of lights appear just before the total eclipse and are caused by gaps in the mountains and valleys on the Moon's surface allowing sunlight to pass through in some places but not others.
After the mesmerising eclipse, we'll enjoy a delicious 'Campestre' picnic lunch at our camp, accompanied by premium Argentinian wines. Relax and reflect on the spectacle you just witnessed before we return to the hotel in Bariloche, arriving late afternoon.
Meals: 1 Breakfast 1 Lunch
Day 3 Bariloche Scenic Tour
We spend our final day in Bariloche exploring the staggeringly beautiful Patagonian hills. Our half day sightseeing tour of the region will take in the breathtaking vistas of Lake Nahuel Huapi and Victoria Island. We also head through pine forest and past towering rock formations to the top of Campanario Hill. The incredible views from the top of the hill were voted one of the "Top 10 Views in the World” by National Geographic. The rest of the day can be spent further exploring Bariloche and its surrounding area at leisure.
Meals: 1 Breakfast
Day 4 Bariloche
Wednesday 16th December 2020. Today our amazing solar eclipse adventure comes to an end. Enjoy a final breakfast at the hotel before an included transfer takes you to the airport for your onward flight.
Meals: 1 Breakfast
- 3 breakfasts & 1 gourmet picnic lunch with premium Argentinian wines
- 3 nights 3 star boutique hotel
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and 4
- Expert local guides for scheduled sightseeing
- Full day solar eclipse excursion to an exclusive observatory camp with an astronomer guide
- Half day Bariloche scenic tour
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private vehicles
- Eclipse viewing glasses
- Maximum group size: 22
- Peninsula Petit Hotel, Bariloche - 3 Star Hotel
- International flights and visas
- Items of a personal nature, additional meals and drinks
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture
- Bariloche Eco Tax - $2 per day ($6 in total) to be paid directly to the hotel at time of check in
Age PolicyOver 12 years.
"Guaranteed" refers to departures that are confirmed for departure. Pricing is Per Person.This tour is guaranteed to operate with a minimum of 4 persons. Prices shown are per person when there are 2 persons sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the per person price. If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same gender on your tour, this can be arranged provided there is another single traveller booked on the tour date of your choosing. If a roommate cannot be found the single room supplement will apply.
Just wanting some information? Send through a quick enquiry and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.